Our mission is to “Surround Ourselves with Good People.”
Are you ready to join a Company of Champions?
Grade A Auto Parts is immediately hiring for the position of Equipment Maintenance Technician.
This is a full-time position.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Troubleshoots to diagnose problems; repairs and performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Installing, replacing, or changing machine parts and attachments, according to product specifications.
- Cutting, shaping, smoothing, attaching, or assembling pieces of metal, wood, or rubber, or other repair and maintenance to machines and equipment.
- Reading work order or following oral instructions to determine materials or containers to be moved.
- Undertakes actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc. on equipment for preventive maintenance purposes
- Undertakes precision alignments and significant other tests associated with installation, qualification and/or calibration of equipment and machinery
- Performs accurate documentation of results of alignments and calibrations
- Troubleshoots and repairs various mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment and systems involving the isolation of the malfunction parts, disassembly of equipment and repair/replacement of faulty components
- Operates various hand and power tools and machines to discharge duties
- Carries out design, development, and implementation of preventative maintenance programs on machinery and mechanical systems
- Uses equipment manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to aid in troubleshooting and repairing of tools and equipment
- Looks into service requests for repairs and maintenance to determine nature of problem and recommend appropriate solutions
- Undertakes the sourcing and ordering of required parts, supplies, and services
- Safely operates forklifts, man-lifts, and equipment, adhering to safety standards
- Ensures that equipment are in a safe and working condition and utilize the Lock-Out Tag-Out program
- Ensures prompt and regular attendance following a schedule
- Performs limited carpentry and painting works when necessary
- Ensures the application of Quality Policies and Procedures in all aspects of daily duties and responsibilities.
- Modifies and tests equipment to improve systems uptime and reliability
- Assists in maintaining a clean work environment
- Maintains and updates all process documentation
- Delivering items to various areas as requested.
- Cleaning drains, catch basins and hydrants.
- Other Duties as assigned
This person will need to:
- Establish daily operational objectives.
- Arrive to work on time, prepared, and ready for the shift.
- Work quickly and efficiently during rush periods.
- Be consistently prepared with correct attire and materials needed to do the job.
- Take ownership and can be counted on to do his/her job correctly.
- Be very dependable
- Be organized and have attention to detail
- Have good communication skills and be able to read and write
- Have good customer service skills
- Spanish speakers welcomed
- Diesel engine experience a plus